Oct 2021 Offering
- MO134.a-V - Terrorism Liaison Officer (ILO)
- Date & Times
- Oct 15, 2021 from 9 AM - 3 PM
The Missouri State Highway Patrol’s MIAC Division has a 6-hour Terrorism Liaison Officer program that we offer to our statewide partners. This free POST-certified training is ideal for Law Enforcement Officers, Fire, Emergency Management, EMS, Health, Education, Critical Infrastructure, Private/Government partners, and all first responders.
Through this program, we are building a network of Terrorism Liaison Officers from various disciplines to detect and report terrorist activity and major criminal threats in the State of Missouri. WE ALL play a role in Homeland Security, not just law enforcement.
Responsibilities of a Terrorism Liaison Officer include:
• The TLO is to help identify terrorism-related behavior and share intelligence related to terrorist and major criminal activity.
• The TLO should serve as the point-of-contact within their own agencies for questions and information regarding terrorism, and terrorism-related tips and leads.
• A TLO is to have a working relationship with us to help facilitate the movement of terrorist and criminal related information to and from field personnel.
Related topics to be discussed during this session include:
• Fusion Centers and the role of the MIAC
• Expectations/Roles of a TLO
• Privacy, Civil Rights, Civil Liberties and Information Management
• Information Needs
• Suspicious Activity Reporting and Terrorism Indicators
• Human Trafficking
• Asset Protection/Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (usually instructed by our US Department of Homeland Security Protective Security Advisor)
For more information, please contact Terrorism Liaison Officer Coordinator Dan Hoerschgen at
866-362-6422 or email at TLO@MSHP.DPS.MO.GOV
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL REQUIRE A BUSINESS EMAIL OR OTHER SECURE EMAIL ACCOUNT. WE CAN ASSIST WITH THIS AT NO CHARGE IF NEEDED.
Virtual Instructor-Led Course
Virtual Instructor-Led Course, MO 65102
- POST Approved
- POST Control #
- Legal Studies
- Technical Studies
- Target Audiences
- Public Health, Public Safety Communications (911), Emergency Medical Services (EMS), HAZMAT, Education, Government Administrative, Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, Fire, First Responders, Medical (Hospital), and Emergency Management Director
- Open To The Public
- None Set
- Registrant Notes
All participants must have supervisory approval to participate in this program and all must have a business email or otherwise secure email account.