Mar 2020 Offering
This course has been cancelled.
- MO134 - Intelligence Liaison Officer (ILO)
- Date & Times
- Mar 27, 2020 from 9 AM - 2:30 PM
The Missouri State Highway Patrol’s MIAC Division has a 6-hour Intelligence Liaison Officer program that we offer to our statewide partners. This free POST-certified training is ideal for Law Enforcement Officers, Fire, Emergency Management, EMS, Health, Education, Private/Government partners, and all first responders.
Through this program, we are building a network of Intelligence Liaison Officers from various disciplines to detect and report terrorist activity and major criminal threats in the State of Missouri. WE ALL play a role in Homeland Security, not just law enforcement.
Responsibilities of an Intelligence Liaison Officer include:
• The ILO is to help identify terrorism-related behavior and share intelligence related to terrorist and major criminal activity.
• The ILO should serve as the point-of-contact within their own agencies for questions and information regarding terrorism, and terrorism-related tips and leads.
• An ILO is to have a working relationship with us to help facilitate the movement of terror and criminal related information to and from field personnel.
Related topics to be discussed during this session include:
• Fusion Centers and the role of the MIAC
• Expectations/Roles of an ILO • Privacy, Civil Rights, Civil Liberties and Information Management
• Information Needs
• Suspicious Activity Reporting and Terrorism Indicators
• Human Trafficking
• Asset Protection/Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources • Federal Partner Support
For more information, please contact Intelligence Liaison Coordinator Dan Hoerschgen at
866-362-6422 or email at ILO@MSHP.DPS.MO.GOV
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL EVENTUALLY REQUIRE A BUSINESS EMAIL OR OTHER SECURE EMAIL ACCOUNT. WE CAN ASSIST WITH THIS AT NO CHARGE IF NEEDED.
Lodging is not provided for this course.
Southeast Missouri State University Law Enforcement Academy
122 South Ellis Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
- POST Approved
- Target Audiences
- Public Safety Communications (911), Public Health, Medical (Hospital), Law Enforcement, Government Administrative, Fire, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Emergency Management, and Education
- Open To The Public
- None Set
- Registrant Notes
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
Course registrants will be listed here along with their contributing role.
|No participants yet.|