Mar 2022 Offering
- G428 - Community Emergency Response Team Train the Trainer (CERT TtT)
- Date & Times
- Mar 29 - 31, 2022 from 8 AM - 5 PM
This course prepares participants to deliver FEMA's Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic Training course. This Train-the-Trainer course focuses on preparing instructors to: Deliver CERT Basic Training; Convey the messages and intent of the CERT program (e.g., safety, teamwork, place in overall community Emergency Operations Plan); Assure that participants achieve the objectives of CERT Basic Training; and, Create a comfortable yet managed learning environment.
Course topics include:
-CERT history, program purpose, and values.
-Materials and requirements for the CERT Basic Training course.
-Roles of the CERT instructor.
-Effective presentation of CERT Basic Training content.
-Effective coaching and demonstration of skills in the classroom.
-Practices to maximize learning.
-Effective evaluation of CERT training participants.
1. A referral from a CERT-sponsoring agency, typically a local, regional, or state government agency.
1a. If the CERT TtT course is sponsored by a state CERT coordinating agency, must have approval from that agency as well.
2. If you are not a first responder, G317 CERT Basic Training (20 hr course) is required.
3. For current first responders, G317 or IS317 Introduction to CERT is required.
- Max Attendance
- 30 (27 Open Seats)
Johnson County Emergency Management
263 SE State Route 13
Warrensburg, MO 64093
- POST Approved
- Target Audiences
- Emergency Management
- Open To The Public
G317 OR IS317 OR IS317.a
- Registrant Notes
Pre-requisites: CERT Referral Letter and G317 and/or IS317. Please refer to the information in the course description.
Send Referral Letter to c/o: Laura Norris, STO @ firstname.lastname@example.org